Mr. Kento Tsang
Tel.: 2919 1429
This course will provide you an essential knowledge and skills of Android Apps Development. The course will start with an overview of Android app market and industry, and also help you understand the best practices in analysis of the particular requirements in Android Apps Development. In the hands-on session, each participant will install an Android development tool to explore its capabilities of the running platform, and apply the specialised features of APIs to develop the multimedia interface and programming of a simple Android apps.
Anyone who is interested to learn the skills and knowledge to develop Android Apps on smart phone, for example, teachers, hardware/software engineers, technicians, hobbyists and Apps developers in all industries Prerequisite To benefit most from the course, participants are expected to have basic concepts and knowledge in programming
1. Introduction to Android Application Development
- Basic concepts of Android development tools like Eclipse and Android Studio, DDMS, Drawables, Listeners Screen reader support enabled. Building your first Android app: HelloWorld
2. User experiences
- The use of Audio, Video,Services, and Notifications to enhance the user experience.
3. Development and debugging tools
- The use of Android development tools like Eclipse, Android Studio, emulator and runtime configuration.
4. Layouts and User Interface
- How to use different Layouts and Widgets
5. SQLite database
- Understand how to create applications using SQLite database
6. Building Apps and deployment
- Knowledge of Android SDK to build your own apps
- Location and Sensing
- MapView and MapActivity
- Building and publishing a working application on Google