- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 including English Language and Chinese Language, plus 2 years’ relevant full-time work experience; OR
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 including English Language# and Chinese Language, plus 3 years’ relevant full-time work experience; OR
- Equivalent; OR
- Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 23 or above with 2 or more years of relevant full-time work experience, may also be admitted subject to a satisfactory admission interview.
#HKCEE English Language taken in 2006 or before should be at Grade E or above (Syllabus B) / Grade C or above (Syllabus A)
Continuing Education Fund
- This is a CEF-Approved course. This course has been added to the list of reimbursable courses for the Continuing Education Fund (Continuing Education Fund No.: 33Z110540). Applicants must complete this course and meet at least 70% attendance requirements and 50% or more of the course assessment.
- Students must complete both 623B2 and 626B2 to fulfill the CEF reimbursement requirement for CEF course “33Z110540”.
Graduates of Professional Diploma in Business Management (PDBM)* will be eligible to enter the final year of the BA (Hons) Business Administration# co-offered by the Coventry University and SHAPE. The study location is PEAK.
Coventry University, UK (http://www.coventry.ac.uk) – Coventry University is a forward-looking University with a tradition as a provider of high quality education and a focus on multidisciplinary research. In the recent teaching quality assessments conducted by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) of the UK, the teaching in the Coventry University was rated in the ‘excellent’ range for a wide range of their provision.
* All candidates must have 3 years of relevant full-time work experience or above and finish one designated elective module in the program, please call us for more details.
# Registration No. (Non-Local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance): 251732
# It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this programme may lead.
Module Intended Learning Outcomes:
On completion of the module, learners are expected to be able to:
1. interpret the basic concepts of management in business organisations;
2. explain various models and theories of management for different management functions;
3. suggest ways and means of solving problems in human resources management; and
4. evaluate how organisations make strategic decisions.
1. Introduction to Management
2. Evolution of Management Theories
3. Fundamentals of planning
4. Fundamentals of organising
5. Fundamentals of controlling
6. Staffing and leading
7. Team management and conflict resolution
8. Strategic management
9. Implementation of strategy
10. Total quality management
Medium of Instruction
English supplemented with Cantonese
Jan 8,15,22,29<br>Feb 5,19,26<br>Mar 4,11,18